[Sidefx-houdini-list] Get group from selection

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:51:53 EDT 2009

Hi.
Many times you found yourself trying to guess to what group this primitive
or point  belongs to to cleanup some geo.
I think now the only way to do it is select the group first and then check
if it containsd the geo you want to delete, like placing a blast or delete
and begin to test groups, or in the viewport use the Select SOP and begin to
change groups until you select what you want.
This is not really the best way of doing when you have a lot of groups I
would prefer to pickup some geo, a primitive for instance, and then some
easy way to know to what group/s it belongs so then I can use this group.
Is there an easy way to do this in Houdini????
thx

--
Un saludo
Best Regards