[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK: accessing gdp from vex evaluator callback?

Steve Gustafson sgustafso at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:13:58 EDT 2009

Hey. Any HDK pros on the list?

I'm trying to find out how to get ahold of the gdp for the inputs to a vex
operator from within a custom vex callback. I don't expect to be able to
write or modify any data, but I am hoping to at least be able to read any
arbitrary data from the incoming geometry, using the gdp. Like if I wanted
to have my own custom 'import' vex call, or something of the sort.

It looks like I probably want to find the GOP_VariableMap instance that the
vex function has been bound to, but it's not entirely clear to me how I can
do that (or if I can).

Anyone know if this is even possible?
AAn