[Sidefx-houdini-list] Siggraph vs Fmx

Lutz Paelike lutz_p at gmx.net
Tue Apr 14 10:19:01 EDT 2009

This is about right.

You won't see any (or only very little) research (papers, extensive
technical details) at fmx.

Mostly various companies  are presenting their work on recent projects
together with some background stories and experiences.
Luckily there are more and more interesting details presented and less
boring render passes.

There are also a couple of hands-on workshops showing new software
features  and workflows..

If you are looking for a job  there are special recruiting sessions
and a couple of companies
have recruiting desks throughout the fmx.

The venue is much smaller then siggraph but is also more cozy and it
is more likely you will bump into
interesting people.

If you have a little more time you can spend some days in  southern
germany  (Munich is close),
if you are coming from overseas the travelling time might outweigh the
value of the conference otherwise

Take a look at the schedule and decide for yourself..

http://www.fmx.de/medienWebClient/schedule.pdf

Cheers,

Lutz