[Sidefx-houdini-list] python hython

Joe Barrow joe at primalpictures.com
Tue Apr 14 06:18:58 EDT 2009

Thanks Simon

Am I right in thinking that I have to add the hou module to the system
path so that python knows where to find it ?

If so I expect

import sys
sys.path.append( 'C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini
9.5.426/houdini/scripts/python')
import hou

To do the trick...

But I get an  error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini
9.5.426/houdini/scripts/python\hou.py", line 14, in ?
    import _hou
ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193

Any ides ?

Jb