[Sidefx-houdini-list] transferring data from points to volumes

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Tue Apr 7 21:47:09 EDT 2009

Steve Gustafson wrote:
> Hey. Thanks for all the tips. I didn't realize pcfilter referenced
> attributes, so that pretty much solves the problem. This is (finally)
> working now.
>
> Olex:
>
> Since you mentioned, how exactly would you setup the binding? I know about
> setting up multiple name bindings on a volume vop, but where inside the
> volume vop can you figure out which primitive you're solving?

I've got this to work by using parameter vops the same way as you might
do for regular point attributes. ie. name the volumes if they're not
already (with a name sop is easy), then get their value with a parameter
vop. Alter it, export it with another parameter vop with the same name.

It seems the thinking is that a given attribute will only have one
volume, in my tests piping multiple volumes with the same name it only
alters the first (h10). It doesn't lend itself to manipulating groups of
volumes primitives.

Is there any other way than this?

r.