[Sidefx-houdini-list] Pipe an SDF straight into staticobject DOP?

steven ong steve_nong at pointy.tv
Tue Apr 7 10:01:49 EDT 2009

Hi Rangi,

Yes, you can by setting the IsoOffset SOP's File Mode to "Write Files"
and specify the File Name as "/path/foo.$F4.simdata".

I delete the output of the IsoOffset SOP as I don't need the geometry.
Perhaps there should be an option for this. RFE?

Now, you can use the generated .simdata files in the Static Object DOP
but be sure to specify the SOP input as well as DOPs will read the
geometry's velocity for solving.

Cheers!
steven