[Sidefx-houdini-list] Pipe an SDF straight into staticobject DOP?

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Apr 6 23:17:10 EDT 2009

I wanted to do that too in order to add a noise the volume. When we
create the default setup for emitting fluid from a source object, it
uses the static object as the emitter and I thought it would be
interesting to see if the fluid look more natural when we add this noise.

I guess if we hack the Static Dop we can override it. I tried to save
the SDF volume to a .bgeo and pipe that into collision geometry but it
didn't work.

I haven't continued me test because when I tweaked properly the
vorticles I had a nice result and didn't need that setup anymore.
However I'm curious to know how to do that.

François