[Sidefx-houdini-list] Pipe an SDF straight into staticobject DOP?

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Mon Apr 6 22:04:54 EDT 2009

Hey folks,

There's lots of doppiness I still haven't got my head around.

A staticobject dop has a bunch of controls for creating the collision
volume, which are very nearly the idential set offered in the isooffset
sop. However I can get a better result from the SOP, because I can
override the bounds of the object. Also, I'll be using these things with
curl-noise, so it seems redundant to calculate the SDF twice.

I'd love to be able to pass the iso-offset resulting SDF volume to dops
as the static objects collision volume. Any tips?

Cheers,
r.