[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds... again

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Fri Apr 3 07:11:07 EDT 2009

Sorry to have to hassle you guys some more, but I'm still having some
issues with making a COP version work.

The Point Cloud Open VOP seems to be generating some dodgy VEX. It's using
P where it hasn't been defined yet and so complains of an "Undefined
Symbol: 'P'".  The offending VEX line is this one:

VOPpoint pcP = 1 != 0 ? vec : P;

François, I think your example in the shader worked okay because of P
being a global variable in the SHOP context? But in COPs this isn't the
case, and it fails. I also tried the COP example that Mario provided, and
I got the same error.

So I'd be really grateful if anyone else can repro the issue, and/or know
how to fix it.

Thanks again

Andy