[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Fri Apr 3 14:40:46 EDT 2009

I've tried it here and I've got a compile error. I think we can call it
a bug, not sure. I let you deal that with SideFx.

Here the problem. In the Vex code generated by the Vop network, there is
an "if" that evaluates whether P is connected or not. I guess if it's
not connected it will use the global P. Since in Cop P doesn't exist
then it cannot compile because it cannot find it as a variable. Maybe
they should vary the condition based on the context so you would be
force to plug something in P while in Cop, which you will always do anyway.

So let's create it. You can just add a Parameter Vop inside your network
and since the P on the Point Cloud Open Vop is connected it will just
ignore it but it will compile.

I can send you the file if it doesn't work after you try that out.

François