[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Fri Apr 3 09:45:13 EDT 2009

I geuss you have to rebuild P to describe a plane in 3D that intersects
with your pointcloud.
It's what Francois already says.

If you just take the image X and Y pixel positions and use them as
inputs to a float_to_vector3 node you'll be able to sample the pointcloud.
But only in the plane near the orgin with a size of 1 x 1. So big chance
you have to transform the 0-1 from the pixels to something else.

I once made a COP to sample a pointcloud (particles) to get drips of
blood onto a floor.
Used a feedback loop in cops to make the blood spread and clump together.
It worked pretty well. But I had a grid in SOP's that I used to position
my COP's image space.
I used the grid point positions of the 4 corners to rescale the image
X,Y possitions.

cheers,
benS