[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Fri Apr 3 10:38:37 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure it still works. Have you rebake your point cloud because
when I had a quick look at one of the example it said the ifd format had
to be converted because it was created in an old version. Maybe it's the
same thing about point cloud files.

Try it with the simplest test possible like the one I sent to you. The
only difference is to plug into P the X and Y that have been converted
with a Float To Vector Vop (x into x, y into z and leave the y input to
0 if your grid lies on the x,z plane) and after a Fit Vop to make sure
the values goes from -5 to 5 for example if your grid has the default
size of 10.

I haven't tested it but it should work I think.

François