[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Thu Apr 2 09:50:03 EDT 2009

Hi François,
I had a look at the help cards for pcopen and pcfilter but they're using
VEX code. I'm trying to get something to work with the VEX nodes. If I
hook up some nodes in a way that corresponds with the VEX code I get
nothing, even though the code generated by the VEX network looks extremely
similar to the example VEX code. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I
don't think so.

I do have a vague memory of seeing a post a while ago where the pointcloud
VEX functions worked, but the corresponding VEX nodes don't. Is that true?

Incidentally, there isn't any help provided for any of the VEX point cloud
nodes. I know they're essentially the same, but without help cards for
them, we aren't going to get any example scene files either. I've heard
great things about using point clouds and it'd be great to get some better
documentation and example scenes for them.

Thanks for your help

Andy