[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point clouds

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Apr 2 08:51:51 EDT 2009

Usually what I do is look at the example in the help of pcopen or
pcfilter and it gives you an example of how to open it and extract data
out of it.

In you case you will probably need "point.distance" keyword in pcimport.
For the rest, you can create any point cloud with the Scatter Sop and
write any custom attribute you want. I don't know if it's better to use
a .pc format but I've always saved that to .bgeo and it works fine.

Test it out with a simple shader that extract the distance and pipe it
to Cf before going into the Voroinoi coding.

François