[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra "clusterThis" geometry procedural - new version available - v1.3.3

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:17:55 EDT 2008

Hey Mark

Just a few questions on to clarify what the clusterThis tool does. Its main functionality is to create extra instance object around point clouds at render time based on geometry attributes, creating noise based scattering of instances around the instance point? But it will also has the capabilities to set up instancing on a delayed load object, i.e our instance source object doesn't get written as instances to the IFD? Which on heavy counts such as crowd instancing for 100,000 people in a crowd doesnt create a 100MB ifd as it usually would?

I haven't tested this out but looks extremely useful indeed :¬)

Nick