[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point cloud rendering

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Mon Oct 27 10:10:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use point cloud techniques to render
a grey scale map on an object according to how close points from a
separate point cloud are to its surface? I guess the effect would be
similar to creating light instances at the point positions with linear
fall off, but I can't use this method as it'd be too costly in render
time.

Maybe there are other methods I could look at using?

Thanks

Andy