[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini or Python question

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 08:55:45 EDT 2008

Hi people,

In the houdini file browser with show sequences as one entry set to on, we can see all sequences collated together including its file range. I.e C:/image.$F.bgeo (10-81).

We would like to grab the range information (10-81). Ive noticed that the file cop has a detect range button, but im not sure how that works?

Is there any hscript or python functions/methods that can return a framerange from a file sequence? Or do i need to do this my self with a loop and file check?

I could create my own fileLoader button that will run a python callback script. Listing the whole directory, matches the selected file name to any file in the directory, Sort the list then strip out the last set of digits and gets its range from that. But I was wondering if there was a better way todo that? Maybe an os function?

Theres no information in "kwargs" either when i print the returned value of a file parm which would be a great place to get the required information from. It could have had a range or return None for a sequence but unfortunately not :¬/

Any help would be great, doing a more longwinded version is of course is not a big problem but of never as nice as a more direct approach :¬D

Cheers
Nick