[Sidefx-houdini-list] Autodesk bought Softimage

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Sat Oct 25 11:46:01 EDT 2008

Totally agree, but I don't think they're trying to become Houdini. I also
think that even if they were, it'd take them a lot longer than you
mentioned to get anywhere near Houdini.

As far as I'm concerned, they're just adding features that the XSI
community have been asking for for a long time, it just so happens that
they realise the power of a nodal system. Its unsurprising that parallels
are going to be drawn between Houdini and XSI, but I don't think it's a
worthwhile comparison. I've always felt that they're intended for two
different markets (although I think SideFX is trying to widen that now).

>>> Ammon