[Sidefx-houdini-list] Killing cached sim particles

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Fri Oct 24 08:12:58 EDT 2008

Hi,
Forgive the torrent of questions from me at the moment. I've got a tough
simulation job on at the moment and it's turning out to be a great
learning experience :-)

Anyway, my question... I've cached some particles into some .sim files and
I've then loaded them back in to an empty DOP network using a File DOP.
What I'd like to do is to delete particles that venture outside a
specified volume, but delete them permanently so that when their original
trajectory comes back into the volume they don't reappear.

I've tried feeding the File DOP into a popsolver and then putting it
through a Kill POP in there, but no joy. I'm guessing there's a trick to
this, but I don't know where to start looking.

Any pointers on this would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy