[Sidefx-houdini-list] Autodesk bought Softimage

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Oct 23 23:51:45 EDT 2008

As long as SESI will stay independent and a private company, I'm not
worried. Every day, Houdini shows me different ways to do things that
would be a lot harder to do with either XSI or Maya.

Even if XSI is going toward something that looks like Houdini, it's
still many years behind.

Houdini is designed with a "user needs" point of view whereas the other
looks to me now as a shareholder profit pov. That will always make a
difference in the end and many people appreciate that.

François

P.S.: Hey SESI, if Autodesk knocks at your door to propose something,
please tell them you prefer to sell the company to the Houdini
community. I'd better put my money in a company I believe instead of
crazy volatile stock shares ;)