[Sidefx-houdini-list] Autodesk bought Softimage

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 23 21:58:19 EDT 2008

 From the opinions I got while visiting India this summer, Autodesk is
going to get even less traction there,
it is thoroughly distrusted. I have a feeling it has to do with them
being very tired of the whole colony thing, they are so over that.
Having a monopoly telling them what they can do is real old.
India wants to put vfx in their films for their internal market. The
nice thing is that when they think about vfx they immediately say, "well
we have to use houdini for that".

PeterR