[Sidefx-houdini-list] Split POP confusion

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Oct 22 10:31:24 EDT 2008

Thanks for the responses. You're right, if it was just a case of getting
it all to be affected by those nodes, I could probably rejig the order and
it'd work. One thing I neglected to mention though is that I need the
newly split particles to also be able to split themselves under the
appropriate conditions.

The only work around it would seem, is that I'd have to copy and paste the
whole POP network N times after each Split POP, where N is the maximum
number of generations of bubbles. Not exactly a great workflow :-)

I just need the particles to be treated as normal particles, and not as if
they're totally separate, as they need to go back through the same tree
(i.e. with the split POP). The Collect POP doesn't seem to have any affect
on any of this.

So is there really no way I can just tell these new split particles that
they're exactly the same as the other particles? Do any of the lineage
type of attributes have any effect on this? How is Houdini keeping track
of which particles are which?

Thanks

Andy