[Sidefx-houdini-list] license release

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Oct 21 11:41:11 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 11:11, Dan Schneider wrote:
> When Houdini is closed the license server shows the license as unavailabe
> for a couple of minutes before it is released.

	Yeah, it should release right away.  Smells like a network issue.  There is a
file in $HFS/houdini/hserver.opt which gives you lots of useful tweaks for
future information, but I doubt it's related to this.  Certainly 2 minutes is
way off the map, here it's virtually instantaneous.  Nothing special about
your network setup?

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada