[Sidefx-houdini-list] license release

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 11:11:16 EDT 2008

When Houdini is closed the license server shows the license as unavailabe for a couple of minutes before it is released.

I'm working on some farm scripts using hbatch and we have limited master licenses for artist use, so being able to pick up the license from another machine relatively quicky is fairly essential.

I'm assuming as can be the case with license servers that there is a setting used for a min time before the license is freed in case of network problems. I've searched about and havn't been able to find such a setting or variable, although its quite possible I am looking for the wrong thing or in the wrong places.  Is there a way to adjust this? Does anyone know of anything else that would cause the delay? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.