[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini To maya

Oleg Samus oleg at sidefx.com
Mon Oct 20 12:15:42 EDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

FBX in general might not be an ideal method for this particular case.
For example, if the number of vertices in your simulation changes over
its 300 frames, as is often the case with particles, we can only convert
it through FBX by using a custom workaround, since FBX format spec does
not support variable-vertex count animated geometry.

However, if the overall vertex count in your sim stays the same, FBX
should be able to handle it. If this is the case, is there any way you
could send me your scene (or a similar one which leads to the same
crash) so I can take a look at it?

 - Oleg