[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini To maya

Stephen Jones stephenbjones25 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 11:14:23 EDT 2008

I have a rather large poly count particle simulation that i would like to send into maya. it's been animated over 300 frames. and im wondering what would be the best way to get that back into maya so i can light and texture it. i've tried doing the fbx export but it crashes on me everytime, so i'm guessing that the fbx exporter isn't really up to it's full potential yet. if anyone has any ideas or good techniques on getting a pretty heavy animation sequence from houdini to maya that would be awesome!
Thanks,
Stephen
sjones29 at student.scad.edu