[Sidefx-houdini-list] .3ds format + FBX??

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Oct 17 10:55:24 EDT 2008

Thanks Robert,

Unfortunately, we're not actually running autodesk products here.
I'm simply trying to bring in standard .3ds objects and was hopeful
that there might be a way to do that directly in H9.5.

After reading up on FBX in the docs it seems like it is capable of
dealing with some very sophisticated data exchange ...... so I was
thinking there might be a way there.

Is there really no straight forward way that Houdini can import .3ds
format objects on it's own??

Object formats are definitely not my are of expertise, but it seems
like .3ds is pretty common format out there.

Any particular reason why Houdini can't read them in ........ if in
fact it cannot currently be done.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Robert.
Is it possible to get a definite "no, it currently cannot be done"
just to make sure I'm not missing something that could help me out here.

Larry