[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle Attribute Question

Jerry jerry at axyzfx.com
Wed Oct 15 17:17:55 EDT 2008

Hi Stephen

The best way I've found to do this is to push a point cloud representing
your
particle cloud into the POP network. Make sure you calculate the velocity
using a trail SOP. You then need to specify some form of release attribute
which you can do with metaballs and the magnet SOP by changing the point
colours.

Inside the POP network birth all the particles on frame one. They'll want to
fly all over the place. That's natural. Inside the POP network you'll
need to
get your release attribute. YOu can do this using a group POP and use
a point expression to reference in the colours from the SOP network.
Use this then to set birthed and non-birthed groups inside the POPnet.

Next you need to tell the non-birthed particles to go back to the
position of
the incoming point cloud using a position POP and putting point expressions
in that to read the positions of the original point cloud.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Good luck

Jerry