[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle Attribute Question

Stephen Jones stephenbjones25 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 13:57:55 EDT 2008

i am running into a problem with my pop network. i have a source that
is a tire rotating on some axis. i want only ONE point per primitive to
be birthed. i don't need any more particles than the number of
primitives i have. so to solve that problem, in the source pop i have
given the impulse birth rate the exact number of particles that i need
on frame one, and then turn the impulse activation off. when that
happens, the popnet no longer sees that those points which are being
birthed from the primitive center(ordered). how would i get those
points to stay with my moving source geometry. if anybody has any
tricks up their sleeves, it would be much appreciated. i basically need
a source pop that can create one point per primitive and those points
follow the moving source geometry, and the ability to toggle on an off
the points following the moving source geometry.

know that what i have stated may be a little confusing, but if you
think you might have an idea and need an example hip file i'll be glad
to upload one.

Thanks for any help!
Stephen

sjones29 at student.scad.edu