[Sidefx-houdini-list] Motion blur with gather()?

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:33:12 EDT 2008

Mmm, one dirty solution, very dirty I admit, in case you are converting your
fluid with the PArticle Fluid Surfacer, as I guess, I think you can use th
Trail SOP to bring the geometry of the previous frame into your current
frame and then send rays agains both of them, maybe it can work, but I have
said is a very dirty hack.

2008/10/14 Andy Nicholas <andy at andynicholas.com>

> Hi,
> Thanks for all the info on making my wetmap shader work! Unfortunately,
> I've got another related problem that'd be great if I can pick some of
> your brains on.
>
> Since my fluid moves quite quickly it leaves occasional gaps on the
> wetmap. If I can get it motion blurred, it'll be sorted. Is it possible to
> somehow detect the motion of the fluid inside the gather loop? Just to be
> clear, I don't mean picking up the velocity attribute, just that I'd like
> the gather() samples to realise that they should be stratified over time
> so that I can average them together to produce the blur.
>
> Is it possible to set this up somehow in the shader?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

Un saludo
Best Regards