[Sidefx-houdini-list] Motion blur with gather()?

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Tue Oct 14 12:07:33 EDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for all the info on making my wetmap shader work! Unfortunately,
I've got another related problem that'd be great if I can pick some of
your brains on.

Since my fluid moves quite quickly it leaves occasional gaps on the
wetmap. If I can get it motion blurred, it'll be sorted. Is it possible to
somehow detect the motion of the fluid inside the gather loop? Just to be
clear, I don't mean picking up the velocity attribute, just that I'd like
the gather() samples to realise that they should be stratified over time
so that I can average them together to produce the blur.

Is it possible to set this up somehow in the shader?

Thanks

Andy