[Sidefx-houdini-list] Python and channels

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Mon Oct 13 20:29:57 EDT 2008

Hey Nicholas,

Thanks for your help! I was (optimistically!) hoping there might be some
sort of channel class that would hold all this keyframe stuff so it
would become abstracted.. and... god forbid... easy to script! But
alas... I imagine it's something that with time and effort one create in
python.

Out of interest, does anyone know how if Maya and python have useful
classes like this?

I think I'll try the temp preset technique... Or even for now just
assume that it's mostly going to be a single expression.

It's a shame.. all the easy work arounds I can think of, such as just
copying the node and doing renaming, could bring in some nasty side
effects where channel references get broken.

Cheers,
Rangi.