[Sidefx-houdini-list] Python and channels

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Mon Oct 13 03:17:16 EDT 2008

Hey folks,

Any suggestions on how I can efficiently back up a channel in python?
ie. a bit like

oldval=thisnode.parm('foo').eval()
thisnode.parm('foo').set(temp_val)

doSomeInterestingStuff

thisnode.parm('foo').set(oldval)

Which works unless there's expressions/channel info... in which case
this borks out even trying to do the set(). I don't want to make a
temporary take, because in doSomeInterestingStuff it'll do things like
render and that might not necessarily use the take we're currently in.

Just forcing myself into the python tao.. but I ain't there yet!

Thanks for your help,
r.