[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rayhit returning wierd normal

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Sun Oct 12 10:36:32 EDT 2008

Hi Pablo,
Thanks for that, the gather() loop worked a treat. With that, I can get
back anything I like from the ray which is awesome - I've not used it
before. More importantly, it actually returns the correct normal from the
intersected surface, so this means I can get my wetmap shader to work
without having to resort to something like an occlusion shader.

You might be interested to know that the rayhittest() function gave me
similar (crappy) results to using the rayhit VEX node. There's obviously
an issue there somewhere which I hope can be fixed soon. It seems like a
pretty fundamental bug for what I would regard to be one of the most
useful VEX shader nodes.

Anyway, thanks again!

Andy