[Sidefx-houdini-list] [HDK] expressions with more than two arguments

Georg Duemlein info at preset.de
Fri Oct 3 09:46:08 EDT 2008

Sounds odd, but I cannot create an expression with the HDK that takes
more than 2 arguments :(

static void
fn_rdgUselessAdd(EV_FUNCTION *, EV_SYMBOL *result, EV_SYMBOL **argv, int)
{
	result->value.fval = argv[0]->value.fval + argv[1]->value.fval;
}

works as expected.

But:

static void
fn_rdgUselessAdd(EV_FUNCTION *, EV_SYMBOL *result, EV_SYMBOL **argv, int)
{
	result->value.fval = argv[0]->value.fval + argv[1]->value.fval +
argv[2]->value.fval;
}

Just says: Unable to evaluate expression (Bad data type ...)

Though I have the correct number of arguments in my function table:

    EV_FUNCTION(0, "rdguselessadd",	    3, EVF,	floatArgs,
fn_rdgUselessAdd),

Though this is definitely caused by my c/c++ illiteracy, maybe someone
can shed light on this issue?
Can't be that hard to have an expression that takes multiple arguments,
can it?

Thank you for your time,

Georg

--