[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth sim possibilities

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Oct 1 18:10:09 EDT 2008

Hello all,

We're trying to get a piece of cloth to drop down and gather at rest
on the floor.
Kind of like a sheet coming loose from a clothesline and settling on
the ground.

The main problem is that it intersects with itself a lot when it
gathers on the ground plane and begins to settle.
Self collision seemed to be the obvious answer but when that is
turned on the whole sim jumps and bounces around a lot ......... even
before it hits the ground plane, but much more then.
Kind of interesting, but not what we're after.

I'm wondering if we're missing some key settings somewhere ..........
or if it's just a bit to ambitious to expect this to settle on the
ground without the surface intersecting.

As always, thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta
Creative Director