[Sidefx-houdini-list] promoting ramps.

Muhittin Bilginer muhittin.bilginer at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 27 05:42:21 EST 2008

Hi Pablo,
Thanks for the advice man! :)

Hi Georg,

But I am not sure if this is going to work for me...

For example:
I want to control an attribute based on the length of a curve....

1) I assign UVs to my curve (Rows and Col.)
2) So now "U" is from 0 to 1
3) I bring  the U in VOPSOPs... I run it through a ramp and output it as an
attribute... lets say "clength"

U was (for 4 random points on the curve):
0.2
0.5
0.7
0.9

CLENGHT is (for the same 4 random points on the curve)
1
0.5
0.01
1

So this ramp is at my VOPSOP level... and I cannot promote it to my HDA
level... Well I can... But it does not sync when new edit poits are added at
the HDA level.

//

So what should I do? I am sorry I cannot test it right now... I guess, I
will read in the ramp from the HDA with the "chramp()" expression... and I
guess I will multiply it with the U component of the UV attribute?

But in the help:

EXAMPLES
          | chramp("/obj/geo1/popnet1/color1", 0.33, 1)

          Returns second component of the evaluated ramp value at a position
          of 0.33

What if I need the entire ramp? :)
Not only position: 0.33

//