[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render takes a long time in Vista

Francois Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Nov 26 17:39:07 EST 2008

Hi Rob,

it's a Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 265 1.81Ghz

I think I narrowed down the problem. I'm using a remote laptop as my
license server. If I use Houdini in Apprentice mode with the "Use
Standalone Mode" activated in the License manager, it works fine. If I
uncheck that with the Apprentice with the license locally, I've got the
same behavior.

Did you do your test with the Apprentice and if not do you have a
standalone license or remote?

Thanks

François