[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render takes a long time in Vista

Robert D.M. Smith robert.dm.smith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:13:48 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Francois Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been assigned a Vista station at a client. The interaction in the UI
> seems fine but when I render a single sphere (or anything else) it takes
> 5-10 seconds just to open the mplay window.
>
> I tried with different builds both 64-bit and 32-bit.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Do many of you use Vista?

Hey Francois,

What are the specs on the box and which version of Vista is it? For what
it's worth, I just tried on my Vista64 Home Premium with 4GB of RAM ...
started up default Houdini, drop in sphere, render with View Mantra ... took
about 2 seconds to draw up mplay ... took another second to finish render.

Cheers,
   Rob