[Sidefx-houdini-list] Shelf Question

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Sun Nov 16 09:49:27 EST 2008

In the spirit of total control, isn't that why we are all using Houdini in the first place?

There are certainly tools out there that do a great job abstracting all this information from the user -- frankly, I don't see what is so attractive about watering down the strengths of each platform by 'cross breeding' technologies like this.

Isn't that kind of like asking an auto maker that specializes in giant SUVs (Say, errr, Hummer), to make a small economy sedan (errrr, Prius).  You'll get SOMETHING -- but you probably won't like it.

I've always thought that focusing on your strengths, and what sets you apart from your competitors was the way forward -- instead of a 'me too' feature set.

ps: My shelf has been on perma-stow since it first become available.

From: Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com>

In the viewport you ned to be fluent and python can assist on this, if you
need total control and you don't need thid interactivity work from the
network editor.