[Sidefx-houdini-list] Shelf Question

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:06:43 EST 2008

Hey Francois how are you ...
Well certainly you can create nodes in the network editor from a python
script contained in the shelf, I don't have any  snippet of code here for
you but I have done this.
So is possible. And yes the shelf is really cool, in my opinion the tools
shipped with Houdini are not correctly designed because almost all of them
at the end of the operation dont leave the tool in a usable state.
For example, try the parent tool from the modify shelf, you have two object
parent one to the other, the tool is leave in the parent state, so now you
cannot select anything, you have to select another tool to be able to select
something in the viewport, this breaks complitelly the workflow and is very
annoying, and happens with almost all the tools from the shelf.
I think that passing the control to the transform tool, which allows to
freely select object in the vewport, after appplying any tool will be much
more useful for the user.
cheers

Un saludo
Best Regards