[Sidefx-houdini-list] long-shot script request: increment frame based on sub-samples

Vincent Serritella vincent at imageworks.com
Thu Nov 13 18:51:51 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

> In Maya, the sub-frame sampling is global to the session. We have key
> bindings that allow us to increment by frame, or by sub-frame sample.

This is possible as well by setting your global playback in the "Global
Animation Options".   You can as well set hotkeys or alias to toggle
between the options as well. For instance, you can pull up the "alias
and variables" and set the following:

F1 = fplayback -i off ( turns integer frame stepping off and allows sub
frame stepping )
F2 = fplayback -i on ( sets integer frame stepping )
F3 = fplayback -s .1  ( sets the step size to .1 )
F4 = fplayback -s .5 ( sets the step size to .5 )
etc...

...this would be a nice shelf set to add in H9 for yourself if you like
this workflow.

Hope that helps.
--vincent