[Sidefx-houdini-list] Transfering normal to a volume

Francois Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Nov 10 15:23:40 EST 2008

Hello,

Is there a way to put normals to a volume. I want to generate a cloud pass
with each bunch inside it being lit only on one side by a directional
light.

I thought of a normal information per voxel so I can have my shader to
compute the the dot product with I but if there's an other way to it, I'm
open to suggestion.

One way I'm going to try is to have get the normal for the equivalent sdf
surface but I still don't know how to transfer that attribute to each
voxel on the volume.

Thanks

François