[Sidefx-houdini-list] Working with a tablet

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Mon Nov 10 11:53:33 EST 2008

I've switched to a tablet a few years ago -- and yes, never looked back.

There are some minor annoyances, the worst of which is a gradual buildup a lag, that only seems to appear during long sessions with houdini open.
It was briefly discussed here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=9879&highlight=tablet+lag

At the end of the day, the tablet controls feel pasted on -- since you are simply swapping out one pointing device for another.  Certain gestures (like RMB click) are virtually impossible to execute using a tablet, since any tiny jitter closes the menu.  With the amount of coffee most of us consume, tiny jitters are pretty standard. ;P

Even so, minor annoyances aside, I prefer it to a mouse -- even more so now that you can't find a 3 button mouse anywhere.  Damn scroll wheel is useless.  For me ;)