[Sidefx-houdini-list] UV mapping fluids

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Mon Nov 10 09:19:33 EST 2008

Thanks a lot for that, I'll check out the links you posted.

> Instead of using the birth UV coordinates, try using the actual position

The problem with that is that I need the texture to follow the fluid as it
moves, splits, rejoins, warps, etc. so that any bubbles move with each
particle. I believe that if I just used the particle position, the bubbles
would appear to be stationary and not stick to the motion of the fluid.

I'm almost tempted to something crazy with a SOP solver and generate the
bubbles as instanced spheres on the particles themselves.

Cheers