[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini and deadline... again txt only!

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Fri Nov 7 14:46:57 EST 2008

If you want to process a .hip file on the queue, it will have to use
either a master or batch license.  There are special license token
flags that tell hscript to first use batch tokens, and then fail over
to using master tokens.  Thus why we tend to generate .ifd files, and
just send those to mantra directly.  This also takes care of *what*
to render, as it is whatever is in the .ifd file.

So the queue job will need to do basically this:

   cat file.1234.ifd | mantra

and redirect the output into a log file.  Unfortunately, I do not
know the equivalent Windows syntax.
If you still want to use the .hip files directly, you will need to do:

echo "render -V myDesiredROP" | hscript

Both hscript and mantra quite possibly have command line flags that
will do the equivalent of the cat/echo portions of the above statements.

-- Antoine