[Sidefx-houdini-list] ability to toggle vis of a OBJ in an OTL

Michael K O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Tue Nov 4 17:51:41 EST 2008

Hola~

I thought there was a thread on this recently, but I can't seem to find it.

I have an otl, and inside that otl I have several obj networks. I'd like to
toggle the visibility of the obj networks based on a parm on the otl.

I created a toggle on the otl, and wrote a Python callback that calls
node.setDisplayFlag() to the value of the toggle. When I'm editing the otl,
this works great. When I switch the otl to non-editing, the callback fails
because the node is read-only.

Shy of a switch with a null, is there a way to have an otl toggle the
display state of a child of that otl?

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien
mobrien at pixar.com
Pixar

HEDBERG: I played golf. I'm not good at golf. I never got a hole-in-one, but
         I did hit a guy. That's way more satisfying. You're supposed to
         yell, "Fore," but I was too busy mumbling, "There ain't no way
         that's going to hit him."