[Sidefx-houdini-list] polybevel & divide sop

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Tue Nov 4 05:45:03 EST 2008

herman wrote:
> hi all,
>
> thanks for the respones, i'm using houdini 9.1 since my apprentice license
> apply to this version. when i open the file, it gives a warning as follows-
>
> the warning is skipping unrecognized parameter "write values".
>
> i sort of understand the blend between two degree of polybevel in the file,
> however, when i go to vop sop and adjust the morge, it seems like no effect
> to the model.
>
> take this file for example, if i want to have the polybevel relative inset
> increase along the x axis, does the vopsop be able to achieve?

Hey Herman,

I strongly recommend upgrading to h9.5.. I'm using a vop sop, which IIRC
didn't exist in h9.1. Download and install 9.5 and you should get a new
apprentice license.

The file should open then and hopefully it's fairly self explanatory.
Double click the vop sop to dive into the vop network.

The vop sop makes using vops, and in particular embedding them in
scripted networks, hugely more convenient.

also.. you say "take this file for example"... did you try to add an
attachment? This mailing list doesn't allow them. Upload it to a forum
or some place, and post the link.

Cheers,
r.