[Sidefx-houdini-list] polybevel & divide sop

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Tue Nov 4 02:25:35 EST 2008


You can't do it with blend shape because you need to vary the blend amount across the surface and blendshape has no local variables that work on a point basis AFAIK
But it is a perfect job for a VOP sop.

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com on behalf of Pablo Giménez
Sent: Tue 04/11/2008 00:08
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] polybevel & divide sop
 
Mmmmm this could be done with a blend shape isn't it?
Or using a Mix in a VOP SOP .....
I think is more simpler than doing it with two point SOP ....

2008/11/2 Rangi Sutton <rangi at kanuka.com.au>

> herman wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >
> >
> > I want to input expressions like ($PT+. or $BBX.etc) to the divide
> sop>smooth polygon>weight or polybevel>relative inset, because I want to
> create some meshing pattern for a cube/sphere with primitives varies
> continously accord with my input of the expressions.
> >
> >
> >
> > However, Houdini doesn't seem to allow such input. I tried attribcreate,
> it still doesn't work.
> >
> >
>
> I'd guess that these operators use more than one point / prim to decide
> what gets done so when you say $BBX.. which of the primitives that the
> bevel is being constructed from are are you referring to?
>
> Maybe you can achieve what you want by using two version of the sop..
> one with the max value assigned, and one with the minimum. Then assign a
> point attribute to one of those versions with your expression in it,
> pump both into a vop sop and use the attribute to mix between the two.
>
> or old skool point sop way... assign your expression to alpha.. then put
> the two version into each input of the point sop:
>
> tx = ($TX * $CA) + ($TX2 * (1-$CA))
> ty = ($TY * $CA) + ($TY2 * (1-$CA))
> tz = ($TZ * $CA) + ($TZ2 * (1-$CA))
>
> Should give you some sort of decent result, but of course the two
> version of the sop need to be similar enough that they produce the same
> topology.
>
> hth,
> r.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>



-- 
Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez
_______________________________________________
Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list


______________________________________________________________________
This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person.
This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
______________________________________________________________________


More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list