[Sidefx-houdini-list] bundles or groups

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Nov 3 09:04:34 EST 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:00, Nicholas Pliatsikas wrote:
> You can also use the bundles hscript commands todo alot more, then the
> bundler editor will do :)

	This is actually a sore point with me, the state of bundles.  As far as I'm
concerned, they still need some loving.  I want them to be as fast and easy
to use as groups, but allow cross context should you wish.  Just making them
cross-contexual but requiring a lot more clicking and fiddling to get right
doesn't make them a replacement(which I suspect is why groups are still there
and exposed).

	I would like to be able to Shift-G(or whatever) and have a single context
bundle created by default, in a special low cost tab that doesn't require
filter management, etc.  Basically, please just make them work like groups.
If I want the extra features like cross context or 'smartness'(ugh), then
great, allow that, but make it an added benefit, not something to click
around.

	For the most part, we're all still using groups here for precisely these
reasons.  They're fast and get the job done.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada